MetaTrader 4 Product Schedule
If you receive “No connection”, or your charts say “Waiting for update” try logging in with your specific
Locate the server you normally use from the table below, and manually type in the “Alt. Server
Address” in the Server select within the Log in screen.
Before uninstalling your platform, please be sure to backup any indicators, templates, or expert advisors that you would like to keep! GoDo is not liable for any lost data.
To uninstall and reinstall the MetaTrader 4 platform:
- Please go to the Start Menu and then go to the Control Panel
- Go to the Programs and Features section
- In the list, find GODO MetaTrader 4. Right click on it and press Uninstall/Change
- In the window that comes up, check the box that says “Delete User Personal Data”
- Click “Next” to continue
- Allow the software to uninstall and then press finish
- To reinstall the software, please download the GoDo MetaTrader 4 platform from below link.
If you need to add or hide symbols from the MarketWatch window please follow the following steps:
- Please right click in the empty space below the last currency pair in the window.
- Once the menu comes up, please click on “Symbols”
- Once the “Symbols” window opens please do the following:
- Press the “+” to expand the sections until you find the pair you would like
- Press the pair that you would like to highlight it in blue
- Press the “Show” button to show the symbol. (To hide a symbol please press the “Hide” button)
- Once you have finished showing and hiding symbols please press “Close” at the bottom of the “Symbols” window
- Symbols that are currently hidden will have a grey square next to them.
- Symbols that are currently shown will have a gold square next to them
- Download and Install the EA to your desktop
- Right click to “copy” the EA
- Open MetaTrader 4
- Click “File” -> “Open data folder” –> “MQL” –> “Experts”
- Right click and “paste” the EA into this folder
- Close your MetaTrader 4 and reopen it
- View your Navigator window and the Experts folder to see the newly installed EA
The easiest way to find the data folder is to open MetaTrader 4, click on the File / Open Data Folder menu item:
Clicking on Open Data Folder will take you to the file path and folder structure of your data:
You will notice that the location address looks something like this:
- С: – name of system disk;
- Users \User_account_name \- your current user account for working in Windows;
- AppData\Roaming \ – hidden folders where application data is stored
- Instance_id – unique name of the folder where the entire user’s data for working with a certain copy of MetaTrader 4 terminal is stored.
Now, you have at least one way of getting to that location by the File / Open Data route, but later we will mention an even quicker route.
Please note: What if you install several instances of MetaTrader 4 terminals (perhaps from multiple brokers) and don’t know which data folders belong to which terminals/which copies of MetaTrader 4? Well, MetaTrader 4 will show you in the origin.txt file. Opening the origin.txt file reveals the path of the terminal installation (ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\Metatrader|GoDo).
Where is my experts folder with all my EAs and indicators, etc.?
The above path does not take you directly to the experts folder.
To find your experts folder, you have to double click on \MQL4 folder, upon which you will then see a folder structure like this:
- \experts – Expert Advisors (trading robots),
- \Indicators – custom indicators
- \Scripts – scripts (MQL4 applications for a single run on the chart)
- \include – source code MQH and MQ4 files implemented into other programs
- \libraries – libraries in the form of MQ4 source codes and EX4 executable files compiled from them. They are used for the dynamic call of the functions contained there by other MQL4 programs
- \Images – image files for using in resources
- \files – special “file sandbox”. MQL4 applications are allowed to execute file operations only within this directory.
What is the shortcut to working with the MQL4 Data Folder?
The shortcut is to manually build a shortcut.
It is a bit inconvenient to go through the whole routine of opening the terminal, navigating down to File/Open Data, then clicking \MQL4, then \Experts, every single time you want drop a new expert in there.
Instead, just right click on MQL4 folder and click on Create shortcut:
This will create new file named MQL4-Shortcut. You can then copy and paste that MQL4-Shortcut to your desktop, or whatever other location is handiest for you.
Once done, you can then drag and drop all your EAs, indicators, and scripts into their corresponding folders in one easy step. Of course, to get your dropped files to show up in the navigator window you still have to restart the MetaTrader 4 platform.
Now, you have a visible and convenient folder on your computer that you can easily drag and drop files into, instead of a ” hidden” and distant one.
MetaTrader 4 allows you to “tile” charts in order to see more than one chart on the same screen.
You may tile charts in 3 ways: horizontally, vertically, or by window.
- Click on “Window” and then choose “Tile Windows”, “Tile Horizontally”, or “Time Vertically” based on your preference.
- If you want to add more “tiles”, simply open a new chart.
1. Select “Tools” -> “History Center”
2. Expand the “Forex” folders until you find the pair you wish to download -> select “Export”
How to Add an EA to the Data Folder:
- In the MT4 platform please navigate to File –> Open Data Folder
- Expert Advisors in MetaTrader 4
- Once the folder opens double click on “MQL4”
- Then select the “Experts” folder
- Copy the EA that you want to install into the “Experts” folder that opened and contains some pre-installed EAs.
Please Note: After installing a new EA make sure to restart the MT4 platform.
How to Activate an EA:
- Drag the EA from the Expert Advisors section of the Navigator window onto the chart. This should open the settings window
- In the settings window navigate to the “Common” tab. Please make sure that “Allow Live Trading” and “Allow DLL imports” are both checked.
- Then press “OK”
- In the top tool bar you will see a button that says “AutoTrading” Make sure that it is clicked.
If all steps were followed correctly the top right corner of the chart should have a “smiley face”
Please Note: Any third party EA’s could have special instructions. Make sure to contact the source where the EA came from for proper instructions on the particular EA.
Please Note: If after following these steps you still experiencing issues with your EA, please:
- Ensure that you are following all the steps
- Restart the platform
- If you still cannot add your EA or it is not working correctly, please contact us at email@example.com,
Links to third-party sites are provided for your convenience and for informational purposes only. GoDo bears no liability for the accuracy, content, or any other matter related to the external site or for that of subsequent links and accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damage arising from the use of this or any other content. Such sites are not within our control and may not follow the same privacy, security, or accessibility standards as ours. Please read the linked websites ‘ terms and conditions.
In order to save your charts and indicators in MetaTrader 4 you will need to save both profiles and templates. Profiles will save the way the charts are positioned, while templates will save the indicators and other chart elements that are on the chart.
To Save A Profile:
- Once you have everything positioned the way that you want, please go to File – Profiles and click “Save As”
- Enter a profile name and then press “Ok”
To load a saved profile please go to File – Profiles and then select the profile from the list of profiles that comes up. The profile should load.
To Save A Template:
- Once you have everything set up on your chart the way you want, please go to Charts – Template – Save Template to save the Template.
- Enter a name for the template and press save.
Please note: You will need to save a separate template for every set of indicators and chart elements that you have.
- For example: if you have 3 different charts and each chart has different indicators and elements, you would need to save the template for each chart separately.
To load a saved template please go to Charts – Templates and then select the template from the list of templates that comes up.
The template should load.
In order to install two instances of MetaTrader 4 (MT4) (have two platforms running side by side) please follow the following steps:
- Download the below installation file
- Run the installation file once it downloads. Wait for the installer to initiate, then proceed to step 3.
- The license agreement window will be the first to come up. Please read through the license agreement and then check the box (as seen in the image below). Do Not press “Next”. Continue to step 4 first.
- Once the box is checked, the “Settings” button will go from being greyed out to a normal button. Please press the
- Once the “Settings” window opens up, there will be a field where you can type the installation folder. In the installation
folder filed at the end of the line of text please enter “‐2” without quotations. Then press “Next”
- After pressing “Next” the installer should install the MT4 software as a second instance. Click “Finish” to complete the
- The program that automatically opens will be the first MT4 instance. Please close this platform.
- Navigate to the folder Computer OSDisk (C:) Program Files (x86) GODO MetaTrader 4‐2. In that folder there will be a file called terminal.exe. You can open this file to open the second platform instance. You can also create a shortcut to put this file on the Desktop by right clicking on the file and clicking “Create Shortcut”
- Navigate to “File” in the upper left hand corner and then select “Open Data Folder”
- From there navigate to the folder called “MQL4”
- From there navigate to the folder called “Indicators”
- Drag and drop the indicators that you want to install into this folder
- Close the folder windows
- Close the MT4 platform
- Open the MT4 platform and the indicators should be installed
- Ensure that all the steps were followed
- Ensure that MT4 was restarted after the indicator installation
- If the indicators are still not working please reinstall Metatrader 4
To change the chart type in MetaTrader 4:
- Open the chart that you would like to use
- Locate these buttons in the top toolbar. Use them to select a chart type
- Select the chart type that you would like
Your chart should now be changed to the chart type you selected
Please Note: If you selected the candlestick chart but your chart looks like a bar chart:
- Please use the magnifying glass to zoom in on the chart. This should show you the candlesticks
If you have templates, profiles, experts, or custom indicators saved and you need to back them up before reinstalling please follow these steps:
Step 1: Navigate to “File” in the upper left hand corner and then select “Open Data Folder”
Step 2: Copy the “profiles” folder and the “templates” folder to your desktop.
- This can be achieved by right clicking on the folder and pressing “Copy” then right clicking on the desktop and pressing “Paste”
- This needs to be done for every folder that you want to backup
Step 3: The “Indicators” and “Experts” folder is located inside the folder called “MQL4” Double click on the folder to open it
- Follow the steps from Step 2 to copy the “Indicators” and “Experts” folder to your desktop.
Once all the folders that you need to back up are copied to the desktop, you can uninstall the software and your files will be backed up.
Note: Follow these steps carefully to ensure that a data loss does not occur. GoDo is not liable for any loss of data that occurs.
Restoring Backed Up Indicators, Profiles, Experts, & Templates
To restore indicators, experts, profiles, & templates that have been backed up into your new MT4 please follow these steps:
Step 1: Navigate to “File” in the upper left hand corner and then select “Open Data Folder”
Step 2: Delete the “profiles” folder and the “templates” folder.
- This can be achieved by right clicking on the folder and pressing “Delete”
- Only delete the folders that you have backed up and will restore
Step 3: Copy the “profiles” folder and the “templates” folder from where you put them by right clicking and pressing “Copy”
Step 4: Copy the folders into the Data Folder by right clicking in the white space in the folder and selecting Paste.
- Each folder that you want to restore must be pasted
Step 5: Do the same procedure for the “Indicators” and “Experts” folders which are located inside the MQL4 folder.
Note: Only delete the “Indicators” and “Experts” folders if you have backed them up and will be restoring it.
Step 6: Close MT4 and then reopen it. Everything that you restored should be in the platform now.